Many factors concur to make a movie a blockbuster, in most cases, they are indigenous to the movie itself (direction, cast, scenario,…). But there are other factors such as the movie being an adaptation of a best seller novel, a well produced soundtrack or more simply a good advertising (even if the movie is terrible).
“Fifty Shades of Grey” is finally coming to the big screen and scheduled to be released on February 13th 2015. It is one of the most anticipated movies of 2015, and so far, it is on the right track:
– adaptation of a bestseller novel: checked
– Soundtrack: checked (see below)
– the movie: yet to be checked but the trailer is promising:
As for the soundtrack, the tracklist is now finally revealed and will be released on February 10th 2015:
- Annie Lannoux – I Put a Spell On You
- Laura Welsh – Undiscovered
- The Weeknd – Earned It
- Jessie Ware – Meet Me In the Middle
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do
- Beyoncé – Haunted (Michael Diamond Remix)
- Sia – Salted Wound
- The Rolling Stones – Beast of Burden
- AWOLNATION – I’m On Fire
- Beyoncé – Crazy In Love (2014 Remix)
- Frank Sinatra – Witchcraft
- Vaults – Where You Belong
- The Weeknd – Where You Belong
- Skylar Grey – I Know You
- Danny Elfman – Anna and Christian
- Danny Elfman – Did That Hurt?
I am already excited for the soundtrack. The orchestral’s remix of Beyoncé’s Crazy in Love which is featured in the trailer sounds amazing, and I am already in love with The Weeknd’s song, Earned it. Ellie’s song is also very good.
As for the plot, here it is as written by Mischa LeCroix: “When Anastasia Steele, a literature student, goes to interview the wealthy Christian Grey, as a favor to her roommate Kate Kavanagh, she encounters a beautiful, brilliant and intimidating man. The innocent and naïve Ana started to realize she wants him, despite his enigmatic reserve and advice, she finds herself desperate to get close to him. Not able to resist Ana’s beauty and independent spirit, Christian Grey admits he wants her too, but in his own terms. Ana hesitates as she discovers the singular tastes of Christian Grey – despite of the embellishments of success, his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family – Grey is consumed by the need to control everything.”